Re: [ga] List rules

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List rules
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:07:50 -0700 (PDT)

Very nice sentiment indeed. A very long time ago some folks took a good hard
look at this and decided that these concepts were sacrosanct as it came to
inviduals versus their government. Thank God for that.
However as everyone knows, clearly there are protocals to follow for
constructive civil discourse which is intended to lead to societal benefit.
What the boundaries and balances are in each arena requires constant vigilance
and citizen committment to protecting rights while providing an appropriate
forum.
I would hope that the people on this list would take the time to constructively
contribute to our rules rather than bash them or throw around useless hyperbole.
Thanks to all for engaging in this important discussion and revelation of the
issues.