Re: [ga] Kamusi.com Domain

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Kamusi.com Domain
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:27:51 -0800

Eric and all,

  Yes, essentially this is a greed vs doing the right thing situation.

  This said than, one should not be or would be wise not to be
disuaded by a reasonable profit, yet to do so at the expense of
users and/or other registrants, and even future registrants under
the guise of providing a privacy service that has been gamed for the
purposes of Wharehousing of Domain Names for resale, surely
demonstrates one reason why Wharehousing and speculation of
Domain Names is a very questionable practice.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Well this email settles everything. Personally I try (often fail) to
  lead most of my days by doing things that cause no harm to others.
  GoDaddy is in a very competitive game/business of making money. I
  imagine they usually try(often fail) to lead most of their days by
  doing things that make and then save money and then pass it on to
  investors. Hopefully they start each day figuring how they can do no
  harm to their investors. It looks like all the held names were
  triggered by registrants. It would also appear that most of these
  registrants are probably in the mass registration speculation arena.
  So it would appear that the DBP operates on the profit margins dropped
  by the greedy. Kinda like those 49ers that tunneled under saloons to
  get the gold that slipped through the cracks/floorboards into the muck
  and myre. While there is elsewhere a continuing debate regarding users
  vs. registrant constituencies this here seems to make the case for the
  immediate need of a users constituency. One has to ask though, Who is
  entitled to profit from the waste of another's greed? But I feel quite
  confident the reason ICANN does nothing about this process is that it
  is technically neither warehousing nor cybersquatting. It also
  technically appears to produce millions of yen.