[ga] ICANN staff researching my political stance on Obama? hahaha

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] ICANN staff researching my political stance on Obama? hahaha
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:15:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

I found this amusing log entry on my webserver logs:

192.0.39.151 - - [09/Jan/2009:15:37:51 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 6654
"http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=george+kirikos+obama&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=";
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5)
Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5"

I guess the ICANN staffer at 192.0.39.151:

http://whois.domaintools.com/192.0.39.151

wlan39-151.mdr.icann.org

wonders how I feel about Obama? There weren't any real matches (just
pages that had headings for other articles, or quotes of my articles,
with stuff like Jeff Williams and a signature about Obama from him, not
me). But if you really want to know, you just had to ask! He seems like
a nice guy, and hopefully will turnaround the US economy, although
raising taxes might not be the best approach. He's got a lot of smart
people around him, like Warren Buffett, so hopefully they'll steer him
in the right direction. Is this the "dirt" you were looking for? Next
time use an anonymous proxy, moron.

It's a sign of bloated staff at ICANN, when they have such free time to
try to research the political beliefs of people who are genuinely
trying to improve policies (people who are not even from the USA! next
thing you'll know, they'll be analyzing my views on Prime Minister
Harper!), instead of spending their time improving their work.

How many others who posted negatively about new gTLDs are being
researched by ICANN staff? Are they researching DOC, NTIA and DOJ
staffers, to attempt to undermine their comments in Washington, D.C.?
ICANN does pay for lobbying in Washington, if you read their Form 990.
$240,000 in 2006-2007, according to page 16 of the PDF at:

http://www.icann.org/en/financials/tax/us/fy-2007-form-990.pdf

Are they researching employees of Microsoft who were against new gTLDs
to know how they feel about Obama? And staff at other large companies?

I'm honoured to be considered such a "threat" to ICANN, that they care
so much to attempt to analyze my thoughts on Obama. Kieren would have
you believe my opinion doesn't count for anything, but it sure does
seem to matter to someone at ICANN....

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/