[ga] Use Chrome, an you work of Google for free!

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Use Chrome, an you work of Google for free!
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 01:41:17 -0700

All,

  Much in the past few days has been said about Chrome, Googles
new Browser entry.  Seems with more indepth research, still ongoing
by some of our members and others sharing information.  Google by
virtue of using Chrome has recruited you to work for Google,
and so so for free, not to mention possibly duping you into several
forms of IP infringement at the same time!  How special!  < sarcasm >

Lets start here:
 http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/magazine/16-10/mf_chrome?currentPage=1
Some deep backgrounders to
http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10009139o-2000331777b,00.htm

performance benchmarks to its vulnerability to a
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1843 carpet-bombing flaw.
The latest angle to be explored is
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10030522-2.html Chrome's
end-user license agreement. It does not look consumer-friendly. "By
submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a
perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive
license to
reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly

display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on
or through, the services. This license is for the sole purpose of
enabling
Google to display, distribute and promote the services and may be
revoked for certain services as defined in the additional terms of those

services.

  Interesting that such a promising and competitive product would
be used for such horribly infringing and less than consumer friendly
purposes to enrich companies by unwitting users through yet again
a bad TOS/use contract.  So far, I'll pass on Chrome, I value my
own product far to much to had it over to Google for free so that
they can profit from the fruits of my labor.

  I can further say at this stage of the testing and research, Chrome is

not only not user friendly, it appears dangerous to your Intellectual
property with it's use, and possibly to your very freedom.

  More to come as developments, research and in depth testing
continues, where the HARD FACTS will become evident.  Than
a consumer can make an informed choice, not one based on hype.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827