RE: [ga] Domain Tasting is Dead

  • To: "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Domain Tasting is Dead
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:50:18 +0200

George,

I would say, no. Even if tasting seems to be currently dead in massive
volume there are no actual reasons for being such. The proposed measures
have not been approved by the board yet and are therefore not being
applied in practice.
Ergo, in my opinion, the tasters are just silently waiting for the board
decision in a hope not to instigate the board members and ICANN staff to
approve a stronger measure. Once the decision has been approved we'll
see a reciprocal reaction.

Dominik