[ga] 67 Registrars Still in Undisclosed Locations

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] 67 Registrars Still in Undisclosed Locations
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

[excerpt] One month ago KnujOn reported that 70 Registrars were in Mystery
locations, that their address, phone numbers and even country were not listed
in the Internic/ICANN directory of accredited registrars. We reported this to
ICANN and since then we have noted that 8 of the 70 have been updated but 5 NEW
registrars have been added with no location or country information, changing
the total to 67. 8 Registrars do not have their country of location listed.
While it would be possible to research these locations, the consumer should not
have to. This is about building public trust and confidence.

Full list is here
http://www.knujon.com/news.html#07102008