Re: [ga] RSTEP Report on PIR's Request to Implement DNSSEC in .ORG

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RSTEP Report on PIR's Request to Implement DNSSEC in .ORG
  • From: Peter Dambier <peter@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:12:08 +0200

Statement from the Leprechauns

Since the bugfix for Debian weak keys DNSSEC has been given up.

We are using an alternate root and hacking ICANN's key does
take longer than the next version change. That is why we have given up.

I cannot speak for the Unicorns but I know math is not good at
adapting for them. That is why I think DNSSEC will not work for
them either.

Lugh mac Ethlenn Tuatha De Danann

Apropos sorry for the delay in my answer. In our tunnels information does
not always go strait but has to be bent from time to time to fit
the narrow curves and DNSSEC does not make the packets shorter.

---

The guy is some 2 foot high and claims to come from Lyoness, a place
between Eire and Cornwall visible from the Scilly Islands in foggy
nights only.

Cheers
Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier
Planet Communication and Computing Facility