Re: [ga] DNS Root-Level Pollution

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] DNS Root-Level Pollution
  • From: David Scott <tlda@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 04:46:39 -0400

With this upcoming fiasco, (the auction of TLD's) does this mean the internet will go away? oh pooh :(

Hopefully there is enough RSC's out there that can take the load. The structure of most of the worlds economics actually rely on the internet in one way or another; and incidentally ICANN's structure. (have to use them to get the dot coms)

If ICANN's structure where to completely fail, I mean 100% failure, what is the real impact. I don't think really anyone could understand that, and on top of which, since they are not allowing completely AXFR's from their servers, (that i know, haven't check it lately) when.. i mean IF they fall, how long before the caches actually clear?

Was 7 really enough. Guess closing doors MIGHT have been a bad idea huh?

David

Jeffrey A. Williams wrote:

Dr. Joe and all,

  Ok, maybe you were the first to bring this issue up.  >:)

I agree regarding new TLD's and IDN's. The fact that ICANN can't seem to manage

the already existing TLD's adaquately, only is a preview on a very small scale, as to

what the effect will be on Root server queries in the next year of two.