Re: [ga] Comcast domain names hijacked

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Comcast domain names hijacked
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 18:56:59 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Danny and all,

  Not surprising given Comcasts latest move to throttle
webmail and P2P traffic and the fact that Comcast is not
required to have DNSSEC implimented on their Name servers
and most especially their internet connected client server
app. servers, which is likely where the hack was originally
directed.

  Some day registrars and network service providers will
learn that maximum security protection on their servers
is well worth the investment, and that ICANN should as
a mattter of the RAA contracts should add a clause that
requires such Registrars or additionally, Registries to
have DNNSEC fully implimented, and IPSEC as well.

  Frankly I am a bit puzzeled why some of the executive
staff of Comcast are also not facing arrest for neglagence.