[ga] ORSC and Richard Sexton - Anyone?

  • To: <worldroot-launch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] ORSC and Richard Sexton - Anyone?
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:14:32 -0500

Has anyone seen/heard Richard Sexton of VRX/ORSC around lately?

The ORSC root seems to be sputtering along but has not been updated since
2005.

Does anyone know if they still intend to keep ORSC going. I'm asking becuase
I am cleaning out dead NS records from the root zone on WorldRoot and alot
of the TLDs are served by NS1.VRX.NET and NS2.VRX.NET. The former
is still kicking, but the latter is unreachable. That leaves most of those
TLDs in an unstable condition - only one auth. server.

If your TLD was served by the NS1/NS2.VRX.NET pair, let the TLDA know
who you are and where your new servers are and they will contact me at
WorldRoot and we can get you back up and stable again.

TLD can be contacted at: info AT tldainc.org

There is a huge effort underway to stabilize and consolidate the Inclusive Namespace
For more info:

INAIC: http://www.inaic.com

Public-Root: http://www.public-root.com

Public-Root Representative: http://www.publicroot.org