[ga] Re: [At-Large] Motion for ALAC board

  • To: "'ALAC'" <alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep <aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [At-Large] Motion for ALAC board
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 03:11:16 -0800

Roberto and all my friends,

  Define "Cross Posting".  CC'ing is decidedly NOT cross posting.
Trimming CC's is a good idea in order to not waste band width.
However is the subject area in any post is of interests to multiple
Email list forums, than CC'ing is definitely appropriate as well
as beneficial to those that may not be on those respective list
forums accordingly.

  I would assume that ICANN would want to maximize any
benifit to any and all users to the greatest extent possible.  Or
am I mistaken on that?  As a board member now Roberto,
I would assume this would be a high priority with you and
any other ICANN Board member accordingly.  It certainly
has been a tradition of the Internet!

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> I would think that this is not a good idea.
> I acknowledge that we might have a problem, but we should try to fix
> the problem without creating additional overhead and ultimately
> risking a bigger mess.
> Every community that I know has rules, and the ALAC is no exception.
> We need to set them and enforce them.
> No cross posting, specifically between ALAC and GA, would be already a
> good starting point. A posting limit could be another one. Monitoring
> off-topic posts a third one, although more resource-demanding and
> potentially controversial. In all cases sanctions should be etablished
> and enforced.
> Cheers,
> Roberto

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827