Re: [ga] TLDA Website two weeks out of date (and counting!)

  • To: Thomas Baxter <baxtertms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] TLDA Website two weeks out of date (and counting!)
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:45:50 -0500

Thomas Baxter wrote:
So, you ask that the TLDA be viewed as a credible organization that people should trust and yet you hide those proceedings from public view?

Joe Baptista has many times chided the old TLDA for doing things away from public view. The TLDA has, he says, the responsibility to be the voice of the TLD holders in the inclusive namespace. He called you together to fight the corruption in Europe and you responded by bickering with each other for almost a year, culminating, finally in great fanfare about how "Oh, the TLDA is open for business after revising its BYLAWS" (which by the way, you didn't change very much at all - they are still a confused and ambiguous hodge-podge). The one substantial change that you did make was to throw the Taproot under the bus - that was the crown jewel of the TLDA and you tossed it.
Baxter - don't use my name in vain. Thats rule number one. Because I know who you are - and what you are not is a TLD Holder. Your a fake. I smell a vermin here and his name is Herman.
I am a TLD holder because I claim .BAX in a FCFS claim. Thats all you need to know.
Sorry Baxter, oops - or is that Herman - as the man responsible for drafting the public root FCFS rules I can tell you your claim is nonsense and your interpretation of the FCFS rules completely wrong. FCFS claims require supporting evidence. Since you have not provided any your claims is dismissed.

An interesting thing about is TLDs is that if no one knows you exist - guess what - you don't exist. So as the one responsible for monitoring FCFS registrations I can say that until you provide us with notice of your name servers and contact information you can't make claim to FCFS rules.

I, like Joe Baptista, demand that you do your duty to protect the interests of TLD holders in a fair, open (that means no secret lists) and democratic (democracy requires elections be held in the open and that nominees be made public) manner.
As one of the TLDAs biggest critics I can say that the TLDA is doing a fine job of meeting its mandate. And much of that it owes to Karl Peters. Obviously Mr. Baxter (Herman Xennt) you have no idea what your talking about and I take offense you attempt to use my name in support of your crap.

But since you have used me as a reference here I can advise all those who read your mumbo jumbo that they can safely ignore it.

When I see that you are doing your duty, I may join, but not till then.
That days not going to happen. Your another one of Herman the Vermin's make believe people. And the TLDA is not a membership for make believe people. Thats more the jobs of INAIC - the pretend ICANN organization - www.inaic.com .

regards
joe baptista

Thoms.