[ga] [Fwd: [CRIS Info] CFP - Computers, Freedom, & Privacy: Technology Policy '08]

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] [Fwd: [CRIS Info] CFP - Computers, Freedom, & Privacy: Technology Policy '08]
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 00:47:26 -0800

All my friends,

  Forwarding this FYI...

-------- Original Message --------
   Subject: [CRIS Info] CFP - Computers, Freedom, & Privacy: Technology
            Policy '08
      Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 16:41:54 -0500
      From: Eddan Katz <eddank@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        To: Crisinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxx

COMPUTERS, FREEDOM, AND PRIVACY: TECHNOLOGY POLICY '08
http://cfp2008.org/
18th Annual CFP conference
May 20-23, 2008
Omni Hotel
New Haven, CT

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

This election year will be the first to address US technology policy in
the information age as part of our national debate. Candidates have put
forth positions about technology policy and have recognized that it has
its own set of economic, political, and social concerns. In the areas of
privacy, intellectual property, cybersecurity, telecommunications, and
freedom of speech, an increasing number of issues once confined to
experts now penetrate public conversation. Our decisions about
technology policy are being made at a time when the architectures of our
information and communication technologies are still being built. Debate
about these issues needs to be better-informed in order for us to make
policy choices in the public interest.

This year, the 18th annual Computers, Freedom, and Privacy conference
will focus on what constitutes technology policy. CFP: Technology Policy
'08 is an opportunity to help shape public debate on those issues being
made into laws and regulations and those technological infrastructures
being developed. The direction of our technology policy impacts the
choices we make about our national defense, our civil liberties during
wartime, the future of American education, our national healthcare
systems, and many other realms of policy discussed more prominently on
the election trail. Policies ranging from data mining and wiretapping,
to file-sharing and open access, and e-voting to electronic medical
records will be addressed by expert panels of technologists,
policymakers, business leaders, and advocates.

Open participation is invited for proposals on panels, tutorials,
speaker suggestions, and birds of a feather sessions through the CFP:
Technology Policy '08 submission at http://www.cfp2008.org/submissions/.

Suggested topics for discussion include:

    * Information Privacy
    * Anonymity Online
    * Government Transparency
    * Voting Technology
    * Online Campaigning
    * Social Networks
    * Citizen Journalism
    * Cybercrime & Cyberterrorism
    * Digital Education
    * Copyright and Fair Use
    * Patent Reform
    * Open Access
    * P2P Networks
    * Information Policy and Free Trade
    * Media Concentration
    * Genes & Bioethics
    * Electronic Medical Records
    * Web Accessibility
    * Open Standards
    * Network Neutrality
    * High-Speed Internet Access Policy
    * Freedom of Information
    * Technology Policy Administration

Submission Deadlines:
Panel, Tutorial, and Speaker proposals: March 21, 2008.
Birds of a Feather Session (BoFs) proposals: April 21, 2008.

Panel, Tutorial, and Speaker proposals accepted by the Program Committee
will be notified by April 7, 2008.

Registration available online at
http://www.regonline.com/Checkin.asp?EventId=193762.

------
Eddan Katz
International Affairs Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation
http://www.eff.org/
Senior Fellow, Yale Information Society Project
Lecturer and Associate Research Scholar, Yale Law School
http://isp.law.yale.edu/
Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827