Re: [ga] TLDA Website two weeks out of date (and counting!)

  • To: POST-TO GNSO LIST <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] TLDA Website two weeks out of date (and counting!)
  • From: Thomas Baxter <baxtertms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 05:14:25 -0800 (PST)

So, you ask that the TLDA be viewed as a credible organization that people
should trust  and yet you hide those proceedings from public view?

Joe Baptista has many times chided the old TLDA for doing things away from
public view. The TLDA has, he says, the responsibility to be the voice of the
TLD holders in the inclusive namespace. He called you together to fight the
corruption in Europe and you responded by bickering with each other for almost
a year, culminating, finally in great fanfare about how "Oh, the TLDA is open
for business after revising its BYLAWS" (which by the way, you didn't change
very much at all - they are still a confused and ambiguous hodge-podge). The
one substantial change that you did make was to throw the Taproot under the bus
- that was the crown jewel of the TLDA and you tossed it.

I am a TLD holder because I claim .BAX in a FCFS claim. Thats all you need to
know.

I, like Joe Baptista, demand that you do your duty to protect the interests of
TLD holders  in a fair, open (that means no secret lists) and democratic
(democracy requires elections be held in the open and that nominees be made
public) manner.

When I see that you are doing your duty, I may join, but not till then.

Thoms.