Re: [ga] Draft Anti-Phishing Best Practices Recommendations for Registrars

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Draft Anti-Phishing Best Practices Recommendations for Registrars
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:18:50 -0400

On 25-Oct-07, at 8:20 AM, Danny Younger wrote:

My first estimation:  As many of the recommendations
will require either work or investment on the part of
the registrars, these "best practice" recommendations
will not be broadly adopted.

Wow. This is a productive analysis - in which you make it completely unclear whether you just have a poor command of the facts or just like the sound of your "voice".

Two small bits;

a) most registrars are already closely working with anti-crime interests to ensure that real criminal damage is prevented or minimized in a very real way on a day to day basis.

b) much of what is in this report seems to be so thoroughly entangled in civil and intellectual property matters that the community really doesn't want registrars acting as judge, jury and executioner in the ways described in this paper.

-ross

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen