RE: [ga] On Its Way: One of the Biggest Changes to the Internet

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] On Its Way: One of the Biggest Changes to the Internet
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:24:47 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the response.

My concern regarding WHOIS is from the perspective of
the user experience.  If a registrant enters his
contact details at a gTLD registrar interface in Farsi
or Mandarin, will his WHOIS contact details similarly
be displayed in Farsi or Mandarin?

More to the point, if gTLD IDNs are launched, will all
registrars that offer the product be required to offer
a website interface, terms of service agreements,
customer service, transfer forms, etc. in the
particular language to which the IDN corresponds?

--- "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am far from an expert but I inserted my
> understandings below.
>
> Chuck Gomes
>
> "This message is intended for the use of the
> individual or entity to
> which it is addressed, and may contain information
> that is privileged,
> confidential and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law. Any
> unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is
> strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this message in error, please
> notify sender
> immediately and destroy/delete the original
> transmission."

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings,
and more!
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658