Re: [ga] On Its Way: One of the Biggest Changes to the Internet

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] On Its Way: One of the Biggest Changes to the Internet
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:34:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Chris and all,

  I believe your point is correct on a number of levels.
However the "Touchy-Feely" social science folks have been
screaming for multilingulisim of several years in Domain
names as well as TLD's.  Frankly as a matter of international
commerce I can't see such as financially viable.  From
a "Intra-national" point of view I can see some intrinsic
value and/or viable use.

  I wonder when Sanscrit Domains and TLD's will be supported?
For that matter, why were they left out at this point in time?
Seems intently discrimitory to me.  I do hope ICANN intends
to support sanscrit Domain names and TLD's in the near future,
lest they again wish to violate several UN resolutions as well
as the MOU.  Vint or Paul can you provide any answer to these
questions?