Re: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] IDN issues (was: On Elections)
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:28:21 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Danny and all,

  I have been paying very close attention.  Although
some of your remarks are well meaning and nice sounding, again
I don't believe, nor do any of our members, in what you
are trying convey.  However I appriciate your candor and desire
to be so believing in such empirical concepts.

Consensus without measurement doesn't and never has existed
in the real world.  And it cannot within any WG, regardless
of how that WG is formulated.  But it does sound/read nice! >:)
"Rough consensus" is also largly if not completely nonsense.
Any WG leader can claim that a "Rough Consensus" or "Consensus"
exists when there is no means by which that can be reasonably
and accurately determined.

  Fact finding is a different, and manytimes non-compatable
function to determination of policy or even practice/best practice.
What is a fact today may or may not be a fact tomorrow, especially
in any area of exact science or technically inclined field of
endeavor.  Had you the proper education, you understand this clearly.