Re: [ga] Registry Constituency Statement on WHOIS

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Registry Constituency Statement on WHOIS
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:04:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Danny and all,

  Problem is here, is that this services data is not complete
nor entirely accurate across multiple TLD's, and at present
does not include IDN's at all of course.  Ergo relying on this
service for eDiscovery would be denied on these grounds alone.
Hence this service is limited as to value accordingly.  It can
be a good tool for zone file, DNS, ect., managment however.

  Of course we already know that Whois data, and registration
data currently is vastly inaccurate in several already documented
and demonstrated respects, a few of which Joe, yourself and I
provided some examples a very few months ago.  Policing function or
responsibility of ICANN has been quite lax, i.e. RegistryFly as
only one broad example.  These problems have yet to be fixed,
and are now unlikely to ever to be corrected accurately.