Re: [ga] GAC Closed Sessions

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GAC Closed Sessions
  • From: Peter Dambier <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:11:42 +0200

Joe Baptista wrote:
Danny Younger wrote:

Recalling the bylaws that state "ICANN and its
constituent bodies shall operate to the maximum extent
feasible in an open and transparent manner", I have to
wonder if ICANN is deliberately turning a blind eye to
GAC behaviors.
rules at a plenary or is it the GAC?

Your right to be concerned. However I'm not surprised. This is the cost of having government participation. Governments simply don't like people peeking in. Your have to think of ICANN like an animal farm novel. Open and transparent are simply the icing on the cake. But once you pass the icing there is little appeal to the cake. And come on - we all know the open and transparent mantra is just make believe.

regards
joe baptista

That sounds like GAC was short for (GA)g , (C)losed society.

Sorry for my humour. I am new here,
Peter from the german pirates party.

Apropos
Is there an archive for this list?