Re: [ga] GAC Closed Sessions

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GAC Closed Sessions
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:17:16 -0400

Danny Younger wrote:

Recalling the bylaws that state "ICANN and its
constituent bodies shall operate to the maximum extent
feasible in an open and transparent manner", I have to
wonder if ICANN is deliberately turning a blind eye to
GAC behaviors.
rules at a plenary or is it the GAC?

Your right to be concerned. However I'm not surprised. This is the cost of having government participation. Governments simply don't like people peeking in. Your have to think of ICANN like an animal farm novel. Open and transparent are simply the icing on the cake. But once you pass the icing there is little appeal to the cake. And come on - we all know the open and transparent mantra is just make believe.

regards
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551