Re: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Danny,

A pig in a silk hat is still a pig.

And whatexactly do you think has been accomplished?  that list rules were
put in place? The fact that rules were needed at all should tell you
something about the nature of this list and how far it has strayed from
its original purpose... don't you see that?  Did we have list rules back
in the days of wg-review?  Hearken back to the days when we were actually
a productive organ in the GA, where were the good "Doctors" then?

If you think the list rules are a good idea and an indication of the
direction we ought to be heading in, then I don't know what more I can say
to convince you otherwise.

As George has rightly pointed out, it appears the inmates have been given
the keys to the asylum.  The very idea of certain characters taking on
airs and pluming themselves on what is essentially no more than a mailing
list with voluntary subscription is ludicrous.  The GA mailing list has
degenerated into an abomination and no list rules or monitors or
ostracisms are going to fix it.  In the special case of Jeff Williams, I
don't think I need to tell you that you are an American and are supposed
to value freedom of speech... in the case of JW... there are email
filters.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos