[ga] Suspension for one month

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Suspension for one month
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:09:49 -0700 (PDT)

I certainly believe that the rules allow for two weeks on the first infraction.
I read it as though an escalating suspension would be in order for subsequent
infractions. (quite properly the rules do not require disciplinary action in
order to count an infraction as a second and so on)
  This is partially why I made my complaint sometime ago.
  So technically we could have had more than two weeks and a month,
nonconcurrent. My complaint dealt with numerous infractions and so I could have
found grounds for even more time of suspension.
  My biggest concern which is not directly addressed in the rules per se, is
disruption of the list. I do not only refer to the past but to the future. Jeff
Williams made every indication, in my mind, that he intends to continue to act
in this fashion and that the List as a whole has no authority (a couple of
times, because it is not Texas state law).
  Jeff Williams also indicated on more than one occassion that he had and was
pursuing legal action against whoever dealt with him harshly, the only clear
target being myself. It seems clear that this was meant to intimadate me or
anyone else from enforcing our List Rules.

  So there are two matters necessary to explain. I appointed myself List
Monitor so that this matter could be handled by one person. When you are
threatened with lawsuits it is better to narrow the focus of the complaint. It
is also not necessary to drag others into the fray. This of course assumes you
will handle all matters up front, which we will.
  Next I took a middle ground for sanctions. It would have been easy to justify
and to suspend until Christmas. But this does not seem to be commensurate with
our purposes.

  I note that I have still not received any appeal. And also that I am no
longer acting as a list monitor.

  Eric
  As Chair

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!