[ga] RegisterFly Class Action Lawsuit Update

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] RegisterFly Class Action Lawsuit Update
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:04:20 -0700 (PDT)

as posted to the registerflies.com website:

I have promised not to flood your email with
meaningless spam so I have waited until we had new
information before contacting all of you.
RegisterFly, Kevin Medina, Hosting Services Group,
Inc. and Unified Names, Inc. collectively never
answered the original complaint; therefore, a tactical
decision was made to file a Motion for Entry of
Default Judgment against the four Defendants.  While
we have moved for an entry of default, the issue of
damages is still quite complex and requires quite a
bit more discovery and research before we can present
the Court with an assessment of the total harm caused
by these defendants.

While there are estimated to be a quarter million
people harmed, the Dummit Law Firm is working to
represent the entire class of harmed domain holders.
We have reviewed thousands of accounts, notes, and
memoranda and has received many calls for other people
who were similarly affected.  We are still assessing
how to proceed against ICANN and Enom, and possibly
the TLDs.

Once the Default is entered by the Clerk of Court for
the Middle District of North Carolina, the next step
will be to prove damages against the above Defendants.
 On behalf of Plaintiffs, the Dummit Law Firm will
continue to work closely with micro- and
macro-economic experts in order to fully ascertain the
extent of the damages caused by RegisterFly and
others.

As members of the Class we represent, you will be
called upon to fill out information about the domains
you lost and the economic harm you suffered.  We are
still working with our experts to design the
appropriate questionnaire to facilitate such a vast
amount of information.  We will contact you with any
further information as soon as we are able.

Clarke Dummit
Lead Plaintiff Attorney

http://www.registerflies.com/class-action/registerfly-class-action-lawsuit-4.html?Itemid=115

Got a little couch potato?