Re: [dow2tf] More calendaring
- To: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [dow2tf] More calendaring
- From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:50:03 -0500
- Cc: dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I will definitely relate to the council that the sentiment of the task force is that we should not request constituency statements until the data gathering is complete. Fortunately, I think that both of the other Whois task forces have had conversations along these lines in recent days as well.
On Jan 22, 2004, at 8:27 AM, KathrynKL@xxxxxxx wrote:
With respect for the Council and coordination, I will echo the concerns raised by Marilyn, Tom and Steve. I agree that we only want to go to our constituencies once -- and that our prior unanimous agreement to go After the data was collected, compiled and placed into an Interim Report was a good decision. Our TF has a good amount of data gathering to conduct -- at the instruction of the Council through our DOW -- so we have a job to do.
With respect to Barbara, I don't fully understand why small projects are holding up data collection by weeks now. It's hardly seems fair to the Council, the Constituencies, or the public not to proceed forward in a timely manner. The questions are done -- why aren't they out?
Tom's revised schedule is realistic. It is fair to our TF members, the Constituencies, the public -- and the Council which assigned us some very important tasks. I hope you will take it to the Council; I hope they will understand.
Regards and bon chance, Kathy
Week of Jan. 20, 2004 — Request Constituency Statements on TF Work
Feb. 16, 2004 — Receive Constituency Statements
Feb. 25, 2004 — "Interim Report" reporting "Data" collected
March 3, 2004 — Task Force Workshops at Rome Meeting
April 9, 2004 — Preliminary Task Force Report
April 29, 2004 — Public Comment Period Closes
May 20, 2004 — Final Report Due
As you can see, this schedule is rather more aggressive than the one
that Thomas has circulated. There is actually quite a bit of inertia
behind the schedule above, so it may make sense to try to comply with
the above schedule, if we believe it to be practical. (I'll add the
caveat that it's fairly dependent on staff support.)