ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

RE: [dow2tf] More calendaring

  • To: "Steve Metalitz" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>, "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "2DOW2tf" <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow2tf] More calendaring
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:54:52 -0500
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is important from the BC perspective as one of the constituencies that we be able to go to the Constituency ONCE on requests from the TFs. That is our  much preferred approach. We will do our best to be flexible, but our members much prefer to have a single unified request to spend their time on, since they must often do internal research across multiple internal contacts and even sometimes outside resources.

I thought we had a sort of understanding that we would look to staff to help to align requests so that there could be some ability to reach out for positions in a coherent manner to third parties, as well. To what extent has Barbara been able to lend some coherence across the work tasks of all three task forces?

I agree with Steve's  question about constituency statements overall, but I  believe that the PDP has that as a "step" in the stages. IF we are finding that the process needs to be modified for later PDPs, let's also be sure that we are keeping some track of what makes sense to recommend to change, in the overall process. I doubt that Council will want to change the process "in mid stream" on these TFs, however.

The Council is hearing three reports tomorrow. Jordyn, I apologize but will miss Council's call due to an internal  business responsibility.

Marilyn S. Cade
AT&T Law & Government Affairs
1120 20th Street, NW, Suite 1000N
Washington, DC 20036