ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow1tf]

Re: [dow1tf] Draft minutes/notes WHOIS tf1, January 6, 2004

  • To: Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow1tf] Draft minutes/notes WHOIS tf1, January 6, 2004
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:26:01 +0100
  • Cc: "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Barbara Roseman'" <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, Milton Mueller <Mueller@xxxxxxx>, dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2004-01-07 14:02:31 -0800, Paul Stahura wrote:

> I thought we also talked (agreed?) that we would not issue a
> "Preliminary Report" without a policy recommendation and that if
> we did issue a report without a policy recommendation we would
> not label it as the "Preliminary Report".  I think we said we
> wanted the public comments to be on a report that contained
> policy recommendations otherwise there would be no point in the
> public making comments.

That's my recollection, too.  In fact, it might be most reasonable
to plan for an "informal" report for Rome, so results from the
workshop in Rome (and, hopefully, public comments collected?) can be
taken into account in devising the "formal" Preliminary Report. That
post-Rome Preliminary Report can then, as suggested by the PDP, be
the final work product of the Task Force.

This approach seems to be consistent with what Bruce Tonkin
suggested in his note to the council, see
<http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg00356.html>.

Thomas Roessler  <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At-Large Advisory Committee: http://alac.info/