ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services

  • To: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] RE: WSJ story re Whois and proxy services
  • From: Marc Schneiders <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:01:43 +0200 (CEST)
  • Cc: "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>, <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, at 07:47 [=GMT-0400], Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP wrote:

> I'll let Maggie Mansorkia resond for the ISP Constituency. As a
> company who operates an ISP/both consumer and corporate, I can
> tell you that the ISP community, as I know it, do not support
> having anyone intercept email. Unless expressly authorized by the
> subscriber.

What I intended: registrants could chose not to have their details on
display in whois, but in stead allow messages (e.g.  over a webpage of
the registrar) to be send to them. This is no interception (that would
technically be difficult to organize since the mail for the registrant
will often not be provided by the registrar).