ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

Re: [dow1-2tf] Moving forward on "conspicuous notice"?

Steve,

the only thing I wanted to point out is that making the consent explicit
in such way might bring up privacy concerns which will not be addressed
easily. It was my feeling that due to this concerns we agreed on leaving
the privacy issue aside and focus on the matter of raising the awareness
the registrant has of the whois policy at the point of registration.

Best,

tom

Am 30.09.2004 schrieb Steven J. Metalitz IIPA:
>  Actually, the purpose of the policy (at least as embodied in the
> Registrar Accreditation Agreement) is both notification  and consent:
>
> 3.7.7.4 Registrar shall provide notice to each new or renewed Registered
> Name Holder stating:
>
> 3.7.7.4.1 The purposes for which any Personal Data collected from the
> applicant are intended;
>
> 3.7.7.4.2 The intended recipients or categories of recipients of the
> data (including the Registry Operator and others who will receive the
> data from Registry Operator);
>
> 3.7.7.4.3 Which data are obligatory and which data, if any, are
> voluntary; and
>
> 3.7.7.4.4 How the Registered Name Holder or data subject can access and,
> if necessary, rectify the data held about them.
>
> 3.7.7.5 The Registered Name Holder shall consent to the data processing
> referred to in Subsection 3.7.7.4.
>
> Are Tom and Milton suggesting that the contract be changed so that
> consent is no longer required?
>
> Steve Metalitz

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\     A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w