ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] Moving forward on "conspicuous notice"?

  • To: "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] Moving forward on "conspicuous notice"?
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:52:41 -0400
  • Cc: "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>, <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Thomas and other TF colleagues

I apologize for missing the call. I was in a prep meeting for the upcoming ITU
conference, and was planning to step out, but the Ambassador arrived just at
the time I planned to join the call at 11, and I was trapped. APOLOGIES to all.

However, perhaps I can contribute online.

surveying or polling registrants is indeed expensive, and unlikely to result in
a quick, or statistically valid response. The earlier tf found that in their
survey. Even organizatins that are registrants are reluctant to respond to
surveys, and we eally need to be very careful abotu putting registrars in the
position of taking polls. many registrants would ignore, or find offensive to
receive repeated questionaires.\

We cna do a valid study, through contracing with someone like Ben Edelman, but
that takes a littel $$...

I wonder if Thomas' suggestion isn't a good compromise?

202-360-1196 c
mcade@xxxxxxx