Re: [council] Appointments Procedure proposal
- To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Edward Morris" <egmorris1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Appointments Procedure proposal
- From: "WUKnoben" <wolf-ulrich.knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:12:27 +0100
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <5780C660-38D6-4601-A78C-564EE856E574@toast.net>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <5780C660-38D6-4601-A78C-564EE856E574@toast.net>
- Reply-to: "WUKnoben" <wolf-ulrich.knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks very much Susan and Ed for this well structured proposal!
It will need careful deliberation (including some mathematical study with
respect to the "system of rotation") within all SGs/Cs. Therefore I've
circulated immediately within my constituency to kick-off discussion.
1. II. (Review Team Appointments) covers Bylaws section 4.6 (Specific
2. Which appointments do you have in mind under III (Other Appointments)?
3. During the council discussion tomorrow I'd like to get a better
understanding of the rotation and how the NCAs nomination fit to it.
From: Edward Morris
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:17 PM
Subject: [council] Appointments Procedure proposal
Attached please find the GNSO Appointments Procedure that Susan and I have
worked together to create. I'm proud of it and think we've come up with
something that respects the diversity of the GNSO and will allow us to
nominate our best candidates for positions within the ICANN community.
You'll note that in section 1(a) we still have one item we'd like the
Council to consider and make a determination on: the composition of the
proposed GNSO Selection Committee.
I'm sure both Susan and myself would be happy to answer any questions you
may have. Suggestions to improve upon our work, of course, are encouraged
On a personal note, I'd like to thank Susan for her exceptionally hard work
in making this policy proposal a reality. It has been nothing less than a
complete delight to work with her on this and I'm very happy I had the
opportunity to do so.
Sent from my iPhone