Re: [council] For your review - GNSO Review of GAC Communique Hyderabad
- To: policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [council] For your review - GNSO Review of GAC Communique Hyderabad
- From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 08:37:13 -0200
- Authentication-results: mail.nic.br (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (1024-bit key) header.d=nic.br
- Cc: Michele Neylon - Blacknight <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=nic.br; s=dkim; t=1481711833; bh=XkAudKvQopeXK19LyhR2OOWlvGHsrq0h0i6WLaku0AA=; h=Subject:From:In-Reply-To:Date:Cc:References:To:From; b=PjR79dQ6/eoVzDT2gqAE+yH5X3HrIU6ewqWQSh0pYvieu89whyJqe4VEmtCa56U9l s86n2Zbuwd9ahrqZO3ZLLVztrFHfI1IOaV3I73vrhgkmII/6v4v0RBfOyfwCpjMAn+ 7qG0akXIGWw6kv3CS1s2wIFWoD1dKWshSGVqtKbg=
- Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.1 mail.nic.br 9AB8B1D3B4E
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There is no problem in GAC using the word "abuse". It's the word that the
industry uses anyways; I use it in a daily basis. The problem is not in using
it, but using it in a way that implies it has a clear definition that could
base a framework on. As long as we remember that it is a "I know it when I see
it" term, we can make progress.
> Thanks Michele. While I am sympathetic to the point that you and Rubens are
> making, we have a concrete problem in that the GAC uses the word "abuse."
> So, unless we want to respond back (and I am not suggesting this, only
> pointing out how awkward it would be) that "we don't know what the word
> "abuse" means, we need to move past this initial observation.
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [council] For your review - GNSO Review of GAC Communique
> From: Michele Neylon - Blacknight <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, December 13, 2016 6:25 am
> To: "policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
> <policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>, Rubens
> Kuhl <rubensk@xxxxxx <mailto:rubensk@xxxxxx>>
> Cc: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx
> "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
> <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
> Unfortunately while there are plenty of references to “abuse” there are no
> clear definitions of what is or isn’t “abuse”.
> This is something that several groups within ICANN and elsewhere have been
> trying to address and its not as easy as some people might like to think.
> Mr Michele Neylon
> Blacknight Solutions
> Hosting, Colocation & Domains
> http://www.blacknight.press - get our latest news & media coverage
> http://www.technology.ie <http://www.technology.ie/>
> Intl. +353 (0) 59 9183072
> Direct Dial: +353 (0)59 9183090
> Social: http://mneylon.social <http://mneylon.social/>
> Random Stuff: http://michele.irish <http://michele.irish/>
> Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd, Unit 12A,Barrowside Business Park,Sleaty
> Road,Graiguecullen,Carlow,R93 X265,Ireland Company No.: 370845