Re: [council] Extra day

  • To: "Rubens Kuhl" <rubensk@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Extra day
  • From: "Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G." <crg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 13:32:18 +0000
  • Cc: Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=isoc-cr-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=o11CeIm03rquN0eQoCtMwRpn/syQMJ6rJ57BrXC1DDA=; b=Y0zmfKyIRUlryWr7N5kQ0YEYEkhThBWAG0ig7OJzmT/MTz0erIo7ZGJEcCd+Fh6lvq 4mSx9JGJMdpW/fxUiEUUumMwPHbG5cDGn2keKpKIIqK7py3Hn4ZURdPrYUiZzQm2BBPc kSco7Cn2Md37WXzLZBpaxbWbx8xAilTzB80DafAIDKXTwLm1BsoJkY3qCoWVbAMK3Rvd KkTJdiobEEcHKv/nu5fXE0YZlrZE+3+xY81hk0FMFbQpnWSCgXj3jCxWl2F2LA8ocCx9 GleLSWr9MJqBqPQJR4rW6DHVFU4BhmOWUhcYLoByeIkwAlwJnF+/QbbyRp5tjQNKsPZk xOUw==
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Rubens. My comments below

I fully support Donna's position that we should reject this idea and focus most days of a B meeting on policy.

Yes, if the “policy” meetings are effective internal (open) WORKING-G meetings, instead of bilateral or multilateral “exchange” meetings

If ICANN is also doing outreach, those tracks could run side-by-side instead of outreach taking an amount of days (even if only 1) and leaving the others day to policy.

Or left for the longer meetings.

I also have to take exception with adding extra days; for those traveling from distant regions, travel affordability is tied to booking flights and hotels many months in advance. When days are added before or after a meeting, what happens is that those that already booked end up either incurring in costs or missing the added sessions. One of the good outcomes of the new meeting strategy was we committing to a fixed schedule, and this is now at risk.

If Plan B not effective for advancing policy WORK, then we will spend more time flying and money in less transparent individual F2F meetings

Carlos Raul

Rubens