RE: [council] Current draft of Fadi's requested communication from council

  • To: "Mason Cole" <mcole@xxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Current draft of Fadi's requested communication from council
  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:11:17 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mason,

Did I not suggest the "expansion of rights" language is a bit over the top?

Berard

--------- Original Message ---------Subject: [council] Current draft of Fadi's
requested communication from council
From: Mason Cole <mcole@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2/12/13 3:00 pm
To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Council colleagues --

 As you know, Fadi requested of the council its input regarding the strawman
proposal resulting from the BC's and IPC's request for additional RPMs in new
gTLDs. On December 27, I circulated an early draft of a council reply.

 The communication is due very shortly, and has been taken up by a small group
within the council to ensure that all points of view are represented. Because
this is an agenda item for our meeting this week, at Maria Farrell's helpful
suggestion, I'm sending the current draft to council so we can be prepared to
discuss it then. This draft does not reflect additional input of the BC and IPC
-- if this is provided prior to the meeting, I'll be happy to forward it to the
council.

 Thanks --

 Mason