[council] GNSO Independent Review Criteria Follow-Up

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] GNSO Independent Review Criteria Follow-Up
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:39:11 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: Glen de Saint Géry <gnso-secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Jonathan and Council Members;

As one of the last action items from the January 17 GNSO Council Meeting
(see - https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items
), I agreed to send a update and to circulate the document links I reviewed
with you regarding my briefing on the the future GNSO independent Review
effort.

I am pleased to report that at least 24 people have reviewed and downloaded
the slides I shared at the last meeting (see -
http://gnso.icann.org/en/node/35555 ).  Also, as a result of the interest in
the presentation during the Council meeting, I had the opportunity to
provide more detailed follow-up briefings to leaders of the Intellectual
Property and Business Constituencies.

So far, review of the community wiki project page detailing the prospective
"macro" and "micro" review criteria I spoke about has seen less traffic. If
you are interested in learning more about the effort and offering any
opinions about how the review criteria can be adjusted or improved, please
visit the GNSO Independent Review Planning wiki space at this link -
https://community.icann.org/display/GNSO/GNSO+Review+Plan+Framework .  You
can share any thoughts, comments or opinions regarding the effort in the
comments section of any of the associated wiki pages or directly with me via
email.  At the very least you may wish to keep the links above for future
reference.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth