[council] FW: URS update
- To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] FW: URS update
- From: "Jonathan Robinson" <jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:36:13 -0000
- In-reply-to: <C4B5E5D7461AB54B875986D2919CBB5FD2110BBA98@EXVPMBX100-1.exc.icann.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <C4B5E5D7461AB54B875986D2919CBB5FD2110BBA98@EXVPMBX100-1.exc.icann.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQMjY9Ax9GchycYv4nmLqyj9rjxaT5V08kHw
Please be aware of this update received from Olof.
From: Olof Nordling [mailto:olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 December 2012 11:06
To: Jonathan Robinson (jonathan.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: URS update
As promised, it is time to give you a short update on URS matters ahead of
the GNSO Council meeting. After the deadline for RFI submissions and my
previous update to you, ICANN staff has conducted individual sessions with
the RFI respondents and received clarifications, additional information and
useful comments. This information has been analyzed and a decision can be
expected soon on URS provider selection and on the path forward. Moreover,
in line with the document structure of the UDRP (consisting of the policy
text plus a Rules document) we are looking into the details of the URS text
and working on developing an additional Rules document.
Hope this is useful as a briefing for you and other Council Members.
Very best regards - and best wishes for the festive season ahead!