De : Novoa, Osvaldo [mailto:onovoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : jeudi 6 décembre 2012 00:26
À : john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc : council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Glen de Saint Géry; Berry Cobb; Steve DelBianco
Objet : Re: [council] Motion in support of advice letter of the WG on Consumer
Metrics

I will second it.
Best regards,
Osvaldo

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 05/12/2012, a las 21:18,
"john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> escribió:

All,

For your consideration, below is a motion in support of the work of the WG on
Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice and Competition.  I am asking it be put on our
agenda for our December 20, 2012 meeting.

Note that the first time it was offered (then withdrawn for further work), it
was seconded by Carlos.  This motion needs a new second.  Let me know who had
such an urge.

Cheers,

Berard

Motion on the Adoption of a Working Group on Consumer Trust, Consumer Choice,
and Competition (CTCCC)

Made by: John Berard

Seconded by: TBD

Whereas, on 10 December 2010, the ICANN Board adopted Resolution 30
(http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-10dec10-en.htm) requesting advice
from the GNSO, ccNSO, ALAC and GAC on establishing the definition, measures,
and three-year targets for those measures, for competition, consumer trust and
consumer choice in the context of the domain name system (DNS), such advice to
be provided for discussion at the ICANN International Public meeting in San
Francisco from 13-18 March 2011;

Whereas, the GNSO Council approved the Charter
(http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/cci-charter-07sep11-en.pdf) for a Consumer
Choice, Trust, and Competition Working Group (CTCCCWG) to produce an Advice
Letter for consideration by Supporting Organizations(SOs) and Advisory
Committees (ACs) to assist them in responding to the Board request for
establishing the definition, measures, and three-year targets for those
measures, for competition, consumer trust and consumer choice in the context of
the domain name system;

Whereas, the CCI WG created a draft Advice Letter and posted it for Public
Comment
(http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/cctc-draft-advice-letter-23feb12-en.htm);

Whereas, the CCI WG reviewed all Public Comments and feedback from public
sessions and produced a Final Advice Letter
(http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/cctc/cctc-final-advice-letter-05dec12-en.pdf
) for consideration by the SOs and ACs.

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT:

RESOLVED, the GNSO Council endorses there commendations for establishing the
definition, measures and three-year targets for those measures for competition,
consumer trust and consumer choice in the context of the domain name system as
described in the Final Advice Letter.

RESOLVED FURTHER, the GNSO Council approves the delivery of the Final Advice
Letter to the ICANN Board.

RESOLVED FURTHER, the GNSO Council thanks the CTCCC WG members for their
diligence and persistent efforts on this important topic and disbands the
Working Group.

________________________________
El presente correo y cualquier posible archivo adjunto está dirigido únicamente
al destinatario del mensaje y contiene información que puede ser confidencial.
Si Ud. no es el destinatario correcto por favor notifique al remitente
respondiendo anexando este mensaje y elimine inmediatamente el e-mail y los
posibles archivos adjuntos al mismo de su sistema. Está prohibida cualquier
utilización, difusión o copia de este e-mail por cualquier persona o entidad
que no sean las específicas destinatarias del mensaje. ANTEL no acepta ninguna
responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicación que haya sido emitida
incumpliendo nuestra Política de Seguridad de la Información

This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not intended recipient please inform the sender
immediately, answering this e-mail and delete it as well as the attached files.
Any use, circulation or copy of this e-mail by any person or entity that is not
the specific addressee(s) is prohibited. ANTEL is not responsible for any
communication emitted without respecting our Information Security Policy.