[council] Update on Timing of Recent Issue Reports

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Update on Timing of Recent Issue Reports
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:07:40 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Jonathan & All,

As you recall,  the GNSO Council requested three issue reports at its 17
October 2012 meeting.  Since these issue reports are generally due 45 days from
the request, with extensions available as necessary to complete them, we wanted
to let you know that Staff will need additional time to complete the issue
reports on Uniformity of Reporting, and on translation/transliteration of
Registration Data. We expect to deliver these by 14 December 2012.   Please
note that the IRTP Part D Issue Report has already been published for the
council's consideration (see: http://gnso.icann.org/en/node/35543 ), and a
public comment forum is currently open on this Report (see:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/irtp-d-prelim-issue-report-14nov12-en.htm
 ).

We are also in the process of drafting the Board requested issue report on
WHOIS, addressing purpose, access, and accuracy,  but do not yet have an
estimated delivery date for this Issue Report.  We are planning internal
meetings next week to discuss this resolution, and will let you know separately
the expected timing of this Report.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Best Personal Regards,

Margie