[council] Early draft: questions for our sessions with the Board and the GAC tomorrow

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Early draft: questions for our sessions with the Board and the GAC tomorrow
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:37:36 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Board

Red Cross and Olympic Committee names: the GNSO is getting mixed messages from
the Board and Staff. What exactly is expected of the GNSO in terms of policy
development? If we send you a mtion this week, will you act on it?

Presenter: Alan Greenberg

WHOIS RT final report recommendation implementation: a discussion of the policy
issues here versus the expectations that some may have that these
recommendations could be implemented straight away.

Presenter: Jeff Neuman

IANA contract: can you provide any further information on this?

Presenter: Stéphane Van Gelder

RAA: under what circumstances will the Board request the GNSO initiate a PDP on
this topic?

Presenter: Mary Wong

GAC

What are the GAC member's view on The PDP process includes a specific component
to ensure freedom of expression.

Presenter: Joy Liddicoat

RAA: Update from registrars. Why does the GAC think pushing for Whois
verification will resolve cybercrime, and will you push for the same level of
verification for all TLDs worldwide, including ccTLDs?

Presenter: Mason Cole

General suggestion from Jonathan Robinson

There are issues within each of these topics that we have grappled with and we
would like to have a discussion with you on those issues.