Re: [council] Recommendations Report to the Board - IRTP Part B Recommendation #9 part 2

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Recommendations Report to the Board - IRTP Part B Recommendation #9 part 2
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:56:42 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Marika.

All, the Council currently does not have a procedure in place to handle items
as part of a consent agenda.

I'd like to propose such a simplified consent procedure to the Council. What I
have in mind is something very similar to what the Board does, where an initial
agenda item would be a consent agenda. I would propose that we apply the
simplest threshold to such items which would be a majority of each house. That
they be considered only once (i.e. if not approved then simply rejected). That
there be no possibility of a deferral (like we have with motions). And that if
anyone objects to an item being on the consent agenda, that Councillors can say
so and the item is then simply moved to the main agenda. The idea being that
consent agenda items are supposed to be simple and straightforward.

I have drafted the agenda for our next meeting with this in mind, implementing
the following changes:

- moving the Pending Project List item into the admin item 1, as I think this
still needs to be looked at by the Council at every meeting.
- I have left the standard item 2 in there, but this now becomes a consent
agenda item.

Is there any objection to this?

Stéphane