RE: [council] Thoughts on the GAC advice
- To: "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wendy Seltzer" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Thoughts on the GAC advice
- From: "Mason Cole" <mcole@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 07:10:10 -0700
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <4EA41BFD.email@example.com> <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB609EBAF176@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcyRiwz10U0eSu40S9iDy9is3OOqmgAAITEQAABHtG4=
- Thread-topic: [council] Thoughts on the GAC advice
Here's my first contribution -- hopefully it's actually helpful.
I wouldn't necessarily say that we welcome participation -- registrars'
experience is their expectations for "participation" means more than what we
mean by it. I would say we welcome their input into the GNSO's policy
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Adrian Kinderis
Sent: Sun 10/23/2011 6:57 AM
To: Wendy Seltzer; Council GNSO
Subject: RE: [council] Thoughts on the GAC advice
I think if you preface it by saying "it is the GNSO Council's general opinion"
you are fine (as Kristina's has done with respect to her questions to the
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Wendy Seltzer
Sent: Sunday, 23 October 2011 1:52 PM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Thoughts on the GAC advice
Since Adobe keeps crashing on me, here's what I've been trying to type
into its chat.
We welcome the GAC's participation in the GNSO discussion and Policy
Development Process. We will take comments into account, and we hope
likewise that the GAC will find participating in Council discussions a
helpful alternative to giving Advice to the Board as well as offering a
preview of the Board's potential responses to that Advice.