From: Neuman, Jeff [mailto:Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:05 PM
To: Rosette, Kristina; 'council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Did we receive a briefing paper on the process for amendments to
sTLD charters?

Kristina,

A paper was posted on February 21, 2011
(http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/explantory-memo-community-change-request-21feb11-en.pdf);
 which was heavily objected to on a number of grounds by the RySG.  In our
view, there were a number of flawed assumptions in there as well as too heavy a
hand by ICANN.

I am not sure if someone from staff forwarded this to you, so I thought I would
and send it to the Council.  At a few of the meetings, I brought this up at the
council level (in San Francisco in particular), but the Council did not seem
interested in taking it up at the time (or maybe they weren't paying attention
:))

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.