[council] Did we receive a briefing paper on the process for amendments to sTLD charters?

  • To: "'council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Did we receive a briefing paper on the process for amendments to sTLD charters?
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:47:31 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I was just reading the BGC's December 9, 2010 recommendation on the .jobs
Charter Compliance Coalition reconsideration request and came across this
footnote on page 12:

4 The BGC also thinks that the Board should address the need for a process to
evaluate amendments that may have the effect of changing, or seeking to change,
an sTLD Charter or Stated Purpose of a sponsored, restricted or community-based
TLD. Because such a process may impact gTLDs greatly and is a policy issue, the
GNSO is the natural starting point for evaluating such a process. We therefore
further recommend that the Board direct the CEO to create a briefing paper for
the GNSO to consider on this matter, and for the GNSO to determine whether a
policy development process should be commenced.

I don't recall receiving any such briefing paper.  Did we receive one?  If so,
would the relevant staff person mind sending me a copy of it?  Thanks!