[council] Council meeting calendar

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx List" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Council meeting calendar
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:50:59 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Councillors,

As a side-effect of pushing back our September meeting to the 22nd, our meeting
calendar for October now no longer seems to make much sense.

We have 2 meetings planned in October, the first on Oct 6 and the second is the
Open Meeting in Dakar on Oct 26.

The first meeting has a deadline for motions on Sept 28, so that's just days
after our Sept 22 meeting.

In light of all this, I would like to suggest we simply cancel the meeting
planned on Oct 6 and return to our standard one-month interval between meetings
with our Open Meeting on Oct 26.

This would also have the added benefit of making the Oct 26 meeting more
relevant. You will remember that in Singapore, we suffered a little in drafting
the agenda for our Open Meeting there because we'd had a Council teleconference
just days before the Singapore meeting.

Does anyone object to canceling the Oct 6 meting?

Thanks,

Stéphane