[council] Sponsorship of the ICANN Meetings
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Sponsorship of the ICANN Meetings
- From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:49:16 +1100
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Acu62mrGJl9K2tMPQ/e2Cc6kHtEgPg==
- Thread-topic: Sponsorship of the ICANN Meetings
I am not sure of the correct forum to bring this up however I do so here...
I have been contacted by a number of my constituents regarding the severe
raising of pricing of the sponsorship packages for the upcoming San Francisco
In most cases prices within the different levels of sponsorship packages have
doubled and it seem that ICANN is trying to secure a few sponsors at $500,000.
This seems, to me at least, just plain crazy!
My organization has sponsored on a number of occasions and are potentially
again this time. However I am concerned of these changes and the impact they
The reason I bring it up in this forum is because I wonder if this is something
the Council could take a position of. We all benefit from a healthy
participation of sponsors. Without them the meetings would not exist. However,
I believe ICANN is being just plain greedy and this could potentially harm
Your thoughts would be appreciated.