[council] Tim Ruiz DOI/SOI

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] Tim Ruiz DOI/SOI
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 06:36:22 -0700
  • Cc:
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have updated my SOI below. Glen, please post on the GNSO website. The
only change is that for now I no longer participate in the dotMOBI
Advisory Group or Policy Advisory Board.

For the meeting today, I have no other DOI.

Tim Ruiz Updated Statement of Interest

I am Vice President of Corporate Development and Policy for The Go Daddy
Group, Inc. The Go Daddy Group companies include eight ICANN accredited
registrars including GoDaddy.com, Inc. GoDaddy.com is a member of the
Registrars Constituency of the GNSO and I am its Registered
Representative.

GoDaddy.com holds a small interest in Afilias Limited for investment
purposes. GoDaddy.com and Afilias USA formed a joint venture dba
Alliance Registry, in which Afilias USA is the managing member and
assumes authority and responsibility for all day-to-day registry
operations but it is not currently active. Go Daddy and Afilias also
formed a joint venture with MEnet, a Montenegrin company. That joint
venture, doMEn doo, was selected by the Government of Montenegro as the
Registration Agent for the .me ccTLD. I currently represent Go Daddy on
the Board of doMEn.

GoDaddy.com is also a member of the United States Council for
International Business (USCIB). The USCIB is a member of the Business
Constituency of the GNSO. Our primary interest in the USCIB is the DNS
and Internet Identifiers Working Group.

GoDaddy.com was a founding Member of the Country Code 1 ENUM LLC. I
represented GoDaddy.com on the Board of the LLC from Aug 2004 through
Dec 2006, at which time GoDaddy.com withdrew from the LLC.

In all my positions with the Go Daddy Group, or in the appointments
noted above, my focus has been the development and promotion of
registrar related business, products, and services.