[council] VI WG report

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] VI WG report
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:34:52 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is my report from the VI WG.

The group had its first F2F meeting in Nairobi, following the council meeting,
and worked on refining Obj 5.

The group then had a teleconference meeting on March 23. There was consensus
for the idea of having 2 co-chairs. Mikey O'Connor and Roberto Gaetano agreed
to serve as co-chairs and I stepped down as interim chair and deferred to them.

The group has sent a list of clarifying questions to the Board.

The group agreed not to limit the number of participants.

The group was unable to finalize Obj 5. At this stage, it is unclear when this
item can be finalised. A straw poll will be held on the list in the next couple
of days to try and ascertain whether consensus can be found, but council may
want to consider granting an extension to the WG on this item.

Please let me know if there are questions.

Thanks,

Stéphane