[council] Motion on Support for a PDP Work Team Face to Face Meeting

Dear council colleagues,

in case we'll decide an exception to the council procedures with regards to the
request from the PDP work team I suggest to discuss the following draft motion:

<<
Draft motion

Whereas the Policy Development Process Work Team (PDP-WT) is requesting that
ICANN supports the organization of a face-to-face meeting with the aim to
finalize discussions and agree on the overall recommendations and proposed
changes to the ICANN by-laws in order to implement the new GNSO Policy
Development Process;

Whereas on December 5, 2009 the request was sent to the Policy Process Steering
Committee (PPSC) list  for comment;

Whereas the GNSO Council has reviewed the PDP-WT Request for a face-to-face
meeting, and the arguments of various PPSC and PDP-WT members on the related
mailing lists ( <http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-ppsc/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-ppsc/ and
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-ppsc-pdp/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-ppsc-pdp/)

RESOLVED:

The GNSO Council supports the organization of a PDP-WT face-to-face meeting as
outlined in the PDP-WT request;
The GNSO Council instructs ICANN staff to make the necessary arrangements for
the face-to-face meeting as outlined in the PDP-WT request;
The GNSO Council requests the PDP-WT to provide the GNSO Council with an update
following the face-to-face meeting, including an expected date for delivery of
its report.

Comments/amendments welcome

Wolf-Ulrich

  _____