[council] Nomination of Stephane Van Gelder

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Nomination of Stephane Van Gelder
  • From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:25:52 +1100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I would like to nominate Stéphane Van Gelder to the position of Chair of the
GNSO Council.

He has satisfied me and our Stakeholder Group that he can put any personal
interests aside and drive the massive amounts of work ahead of us from a
position of neutrality and fairness.

I also believe that, given his management background, he will be able to
effectively manage the priorities the tasks at hand - an imperative quality for
the leader of the Council.

I hope that folks don't see this as one Registrar looking after another. It has
actually been a significant internal process as we have looked across the
Council for our next leader. We see Stéphane's leadership qualities as the main
driver here. As you would understand the Registrar Stakeholder Group continues
to grow with varied perspectives, views and business models (much in the same
was the Registry Stakeholder group has) particularly at this time of flux.
Please see this endorsement then, of not just a suitable Registrar to fill the
position of Chair, but a worthy candidate for all.

Thanks.

Adrian Kinderis