[council] FW: GNSO Council - resignation and appointment

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] FW: GNSO Council - resignation and appointment
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:15:31 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forwarded From: Metalitz, Steven

Glen, for your records, Ute has resigned from the council and David Taylor will
complete her term (i.e., the next 16 days!).

Steve

Fellow IPC members,

This morning I received the e-mail below from Ute Decker.  Her resignation has
been accepted with reluctance but also with warm thanks for all her
contributions to the IPC over the past several years.  After consultation with
the other officers, and pursuant to our by-laws, I am appointing David Taylor
to serve as one of our GNSO council reps for the balance of Ute's term (i.e.,
through October 28).  As you all know, David was recently elected to serve his
own term on the GNSO council, so in effect he will just be taking office 16
days earlier.

Since Ute will not be traveling to Seoul we will not be able to thank her in
person there but we will be alert for a suitable occasion to do so in the near
future.

Steve Metalitz, IPC president